Let's Give Momma Some Love
With February being the month of love, we want to remind you that Mother Earth deserves some hugs and kisses too.
This Hallmark Holiday is typically filled with wrapping paper that will be tossed away, tons of plastic from candy wrappers and other products that positively impact our hearts, but negatively impact our planet.
For this Valentine’s Day, we want to share some fun tips and tricks that will make this holiday fun, safe, and sustainable!
Our Favorite Eco-Friendly and Inexpensive Gifts:
- Houseplants. While we love a beautiful bouquet, they tend to be wrapped in plastic and wilt after a few days. By gifting a cute succulent or monstera, you're not only adding some greenery to a home, but you’re gifting something that won’t be tossed in the trash a few days later.
- Baked Treats. Give the gift of time and create a delicious dessert in the kitchen. The recipes to choose from are endless, and the memories you make will be priceless. Check out these 15 delicious V-Day desserts!
- A Spa Sesh. At home, life can get crazy from time to time, and honestly sometimes what we all need is some self-care. Treat yourself and/or your partner to a day at the spa. Not only will you have a phenomenal experience, but you’ll leave glowing, too. ✨
If you’re looking for more fun Valentine’s Day gifts, click here!
How To Gift Wrap Sustainably:
Gifts tend to be wrapped in non-reusable paper and get tossed in the trash after being torn open. Well, not anymore! Check out these 3 eco-friendly gift wrapping hacks that are easy to do and good for the planet.
- Furoshiki. This is a Japanese technique that historically is used to carry belongings, but it also doubles as an excellent form of eo-friendly gift wrapping! To wrap a gift in furoshiki, all you need is a 2-sided cloth and basic wrapping skills. Yep, it's that easy to be sustainable! Pro tip: Wrap the gift in an adorable scarf to add texture and an additional layer of love.
- Sustainable Gift Bags. Not to brag, but any of our Out of the Woods bags make the perfect reusable gift bag. All you have to do is place your gift in one of our totes, and voila - it’s two presents in one. Check out all of our bags here.
- Newspaper. While most of us are shifting to digital media for our news, there are still 28.6 million copies of newspapers printed daily. Not only does wrapping gifts in newspapers look cool, but there are fun ways to get crafty with it too. For example, choose the comics page or find an unsolved crossword puzzle for him or her to complete!
This Valentines Day, give gifts that give back. Together, we can make this upcoming holiday one that brings smiles to our faces without sacrificing our planet. Shifting to a more sustainable lifestyle is simpler than we think!